Academy of Giving
2016-2017 School Year
ABOUT THE AOG
Voluntary blood donation is for life. Realizing its importance at an early
age reflects caring, maturity and commitment.
LifeStream's AOG Scholarship Program recognizes and celebrates these attributes
in our high school youth. AOG will award up to 10, $1,000 scholarships to students
throughout our service area to help them continue their educations and pursue their
LifeStream also rewards school participation in campus blood drives. Nine grants
of $1,500 will be awarded to schools throughout LifeStream's service area. Schools
can use these funds for programs of their choosing. School selection is based on
overall participation in blood drives, including recruitment and blood donation
education efforts, and is awarded at the beginning of summer.
The Academy of Giving Scholarship Program is available to all students who attend
a high school that supports voluntary blood donation by hosting blood drives with
LifeStream within the current school year. Students must be between 14 and 19
years of age by March 31, 2016. To find out if your school is eligible, call 1.800.879.4484
or e-mail us at aog@LStream.org. Scholarships are awarded in late spring.
- Encourage blood donation by creating one of the following:
- Three-minute video: Document, at regular or high speed, the goodness of voluntary
- 30-second commercial: Produce a quick, memorable spot to educate and build awareness!
- Radio blood drive campaign: Take charge! Plan dates, set a theme, aim at a specific
demographic and identify desired results.
- Radio jingle: Catch new donors with a catchy tune. They'll listen once and hum it
- Poster: First distract, then attract! Get the attention of passers-by so they start
thinking about the cause.
- Song: Lyrics can unify the masses. Rhyme your way to glory!
- Recruit 20 people or more to donate at LifeStream donor centers or mobile collection
sites. These donors must not be eligible to donate at high school drives.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and print the application packet by clicking here.
HIGH SCHOOL MATERIALS (print as needed)
AOG flyer or
AOG info rack card
By supporting voluntary blood donation, students demonstrate a long-term vision
and concern for the wellness of their community. By making a tax-deductible contribution
to Academy of Giving, businesses and individuals join them in thinking beyond self.
PARTNER WITH US!
LifeStream invites businesses and individuals to help expand Academy of Giving by making a tax-deductible contribution to the program. To sponsor a scholarship, please contact us at 1.800.879.4484 ext. 594.
Blood donation facts and information,
The donation process,
Make an appointment,