Volunteer Heart at Work Volunteer Program
Volunteer your time and talents to save lives! At LifeStream, volunteers are an
essential part of our lifesaving team. Volunteering at LifeStream is a great way
to get involved in your community, make new friends, develop new skills and help
make a big difference in the lives of others. Through the Heart at Work Volunteer
Program, volunteers perform tasks that support our operations and, most importantly,
they contribute to our team by creating a pleasant, educational and comforting experience
for donors. Even if you only have a little time, there are many opportunities to
volunteer. We know your time here will be a rewarding experience!
- Are fully trained and have opportunities to grow
- Receive special recognition
- Gain skills and make connections that may lead to a new profession
- Have fun and develop new friendships
- Know they make a difference
LifeStream volunteers receive special recognition through the Heart of Gold Program
that provides rewards and honors based upon your hours and commitment level.
Becoming a Volunteer is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Complete a Volunteer Application. Applications are available online or at any of
our four conveniently located donor centers in San Bernardino, Riverside, Ontario, La Quinta
or Victorville. You may also contact our Volunteer Program Office at 909.885.6503
to have one mailed to your home.
- Attend an orientation. The orientation workshop introduces you to LifeStream and
the Heart at Work Volunteer Program. Workshops are typically held at the San Bernardino
Donor Center; however, special arrangements can be made for volunteers in the High
Desert and Coachella Valley communities.
- Choose a lifesaving opportunity. Together, with our Volunteer Program Staff, discuss
and select a lifesaving opportunity that best fits your schedule, skills and interests.
LifeStream serves a local area of 3.2 million people that includes more than 80
medical facilities in Southern California. Each day, LifeStream must receive at
least 500 donations in order to prepare more than 175,000 transfusions annually.
As a volunteer you will be part of a vital and important effort to ensure that patients
receive the lifesaving blood they need.
Login to Volunteer Profile