AABB Audioconference Schedule
Addressing Common Citations from AABB and CAP (Wed., 11/15/17)
Program # 171
- Director/Moderator: Isabella Martin, MD, Transfusion Medicine Fellow, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
- Speakers: Meredith Eller, MBA, MT(ASCP)SBBCM, CQA(ASQ), Technical Specialist of Accreditation and Quality, AABB, Bethesda, MD and Denise Driscoll, MS, MT(ASCP)SBB, Senior Director, Accreditation & Regulatory Affairs, College of American Pathologists, Northfield, IL
- Intended Audience: Laboratory Medical Directors, Laboratory Managers and Supervisors, Laboratory Technologists, Apheresis Collection Staff, Perfusionists, Risk Managers
- Teaching Level: Basic
- List common AABB nonconformances in the Transfusion Services, Donor Services, IRL, and Perioperative services.
- List common CAP checklist deficiencies from the Transfusion Medicine, All Common and Lab General checklists.
- Expand discussion on selected items to include interpretation of requirements, variations in interpretation and execution of intent.
- Provide guidance on steps to avoid nonconformances/deficiencies.
Program Description: This program will be presented by representatives from AABB and CAP accreditation teams. AABB standards and CAP checklist interpretations that resulted in nonconformances and deficiencies will be highlighted. Speakers will expand discussion on selected items to include interpretations of standards, variations in interpretation and will provide guidance on ways to avoid nonconformance/deficiencies.