COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Your blood is vital to life. To discover plasma donors able to help COVID-19 patients, all successful donations are tested for antibodies to determine eligibility.
The antibody test will indicate if a donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the virus, regardless of whether they ever showed symptoms.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a test that tells a person whether or not they have a current COVID-19 infection. This test will not help someone who is sick or is concerned about a recent exposure (those individuals should see their healthcare provider for a test that involves swabbing the nose or throat).
This testing is done post-donation in addition to standard infectious disease testing on all blood donations received. COVID antibody test results are currently not reported to the California Department of Public Health, or any other state or federal agency.
Your antibody testing results reveal your potential to donate convalescent plasma, a powerful way to help those fighting COVID-19. For more information on donating convalescent plasma, call 909.386.6837 or click here.
To read frequently asked questions about antibody testing, click below.
To learn more, click below to read an FDA fact sheet about the antibody test.
Results will be posted approximately 2 weeks following your donation on your password-protected account. Creating and activating an account is easy.
- Provide a current, non-shared email during registration.
- Wait to receive a post-donation thank you email that will include your unique Donor ID.
- Click on create your donor profile account and fill out your information. See below for step-by-step instructions on how to complete your profile.
If you already have an account, you can skip these steps and login to your account.
Once logged into your account, click on My Test Results (or Wellness Center if using the LifeStream Blood Bank app) and select the COVID-19 Antibody tab.
Create Your Donor Profile
- Click Login at the top right of this page and select Donor Login. Or, click here.
- Click on Create One Now to make an account.
- Next, fill out your personal information:
- Include your full first and last name. Be sure to use your Legal Name and not a nickname.
- Enter a valid, non-shared email address, a current phone number, your date of birth and your Donor ID Number (DID).
- Create a username and password, then click Register.
All returning donors will receive an email containing their Donor ID number 24 hours after they have donated, or you can ask a LifeStream staff member for it when you come in to donate.
If you’re a first time donor, you can still create an account and add your Donor ID Number later. You will receive your Donor ID via email 24 hours after your donation.
- The information you enter to register your account must match what is in our system. If you registered using a nickname or if an error was made you will need to create a new account with the correct information for your profile to be successfully linked.
- If your account has a zero in the front, do not enter the zero when adding your donor ID number to your account.
- If you have changed your name, but have not been in to donate you will need to register using the name from your last donation.
Trouble logging in? Or forgot your password? Contact us at 800.879.4484 or at blooddonors@LStream.org and we’ll walk you through the process.
Para ver las instrucciones en español, haga clic aquí.
Please note, a positive COVID-19 antibody test does not mean you are immune from COVID-19. A positive test result indicates that the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to fight the coronavirus. The antibodies are not harmful to you and not harmful if transfused to a patient. In fact, it has special lifesaving potential.
If you are feeling unwell, please do not donate blood. Stay home or seek medical care, as needed, and consider scheduling a donation once you have recovered.
To make an appointment, click below, call 800.879.4484 or download the LifeStream mobile app! Appointments are recommended, walk-ins are welcome.
Don’t forget to use ExpressPass to speed up your donation process.