Learn About Your Immune Response
Your blood is vital to life. Find out if your immune response has produced antibodies in response to the COVID-19 vaccine. Note: Effective November 16, 2020, all platelet donations will receive the COVID-19 antibody test only if 56 or more days have passed since last tested for antibodies by LifeStream.
To read frequently asked questions about antibody testing, click below.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a test that tells you whether or not you have a current COVID-19 infection. This test will not help you if you are sick or are concerned about a recent exposure (you should see your healthcare provider for a test that involves swabbing the nose or throat).
This testing is done post-donation in addition to standard infectious disease testing on all blood donations received. As standard practice and consistent with other routine infectious disease testing, test results are only released as required by law. Most often data are supplied in aggregate, unless donor identifying information is required.
Results will be posted approximately 2 weeks following your donation on your password-protected account. Creating and activating an account is easy.
- Provide a current, non-shared email during registration.
- Wait to receive a post-donation thank you email that will include your unique Donor ID.
- Click on create your donor profile account and fill out your information. See below for step-by-step instructions on how to complete your profile.
If you already have an account, you can skip these steps and login to your account.
Once logged into your account, click on My Test Results (or Wellness Center if using the LifeStream Blood Bank app) and select the COVID-19 Antibody tab.
As standard practice and consistent with other routine infectious disease testing, test results are only released as required by law. Most often data are supplied in aggregate, unless donor identifying information is required.
Create Your Donor Profile
- Click Login at the top right of this page and select Donor Login. Or, click here.
- Click on Create One Now to make an account.
- Next, fill out your personal information:
- Include your full first and last name. Be sure to use your Legal Name and not a nickname.
- Enter a valid, non-shared email address, a current phone number, your date of birth and your Donor ID Number (DID).
- Create a username and password, then click Register.
All returning donors will receive an email containing their Donor ID number 24 hours after they have donated, or you can ask a LifeStream staff member for it when you come in to donate.
If you’re a first time donor, you can still create an account and add your Donor ID Number later. You will receive your Donor ID via email 24 hours after your donation.
- The information you enter to register your account must match what is in our system. If you registered using a nickname or if an error was made you will need to create a new account with the correct information for your profile to be successfully linked.
- If your account has a zero in the front, do not enter the zero when adding your donor ID number to your account.
- If you have changed your name, but have not been in to donate you will need to register using the name from your last donation.
Trouble logging in? Or forgot your password? Contact us at 800.879.4484 or at blooddonors@LStream.org and we’ll walk you through the process.
Para ver las instrucciones en español, haga clic aquí.
Please note, a positive COVID-19 antibody test does not mean you are immune from COVID-19. A positive test result indicates that the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to fight the coronavirus. The antibodies are not harmful to you and not harmful if transfused to a patient. In fact, it has special lifesaving potential.
If you are feeling unwell, please do not donate blood. Stay home or seek medical care, as needed, and consider scheduling a donation once you have recovered.
To make an appointment, click below, call 800.879.4484 or download the LifeStream mobile app! Appointments are recommended, walk-ins are welcome.
Don’t forget to use ExpressPass to speed up your donation process.
- CDC: Using Antibody Tests
- FDA: EUA Authorized Serology Test Performance
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics VITROS Immunodiagnostic Products Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Total Reagent Pack.