Mask Mandate Update
LifeStream Update on Face coverings
June 14, 2021
With California’s well-publicized, much-anticipated June 15 “reopening” date upon us, the following information is intended to help donors understand LifeStream’s face covering requirements.
- Cal/OSHA guidance requiring masking in businesses cannot change until June 17, unless the governor steps in with an executive order. Therefore, LifeStream will continue to require all staff, donors and volunteers to wear masks at least until this date.
- LifeStream’s #1 priority remains donor and staff safety.
- State requirements give California businesses the option as to whether or not to keep masking mandates in place. In the interest of donor and staff safety, LifeStream will carefully and continuously monitor all relevant trends and information available, and make future decisions accordingly.
- LifeStream is committed to transparency with our life-saving blood donors, and will promptly communicate adjustments in this policy.
- Regardless of your feelings toward masking, please remain supportive of voluntary blood donation. Patients and their loved ones need you!