Rotary Blood Donation Challenge
LifeStream Blood Bank is partnering with local Rotary Clubs to engage in a friendly competition with one another to give the gifts of hope, life and comfort to local surgical and cancer patients; accident, burn and trauma victims; even newborn babies!
Set an appointment and donate blood March 1-31 at any LifeStream location. IMPORTANT: Give the code listed below at registration so YOUR good deed is credited to your club! LifeStream will award a permanent memento to the club with the most participation!
Participating Rotary Clubs:
- Redlands Sunrise Rotary Club – ORSR
- Fontana Rotary Club – ORFO
- Beaumont/Cherry Valley Rotary Club – ORBE
- San Bernardino Sunset Rotary Club – ORSS
- San Bernardino Rotary Club – ORSB
- San Bernardino/Loma Linda Crossroads Rotary Club – ORSC
- Moreno Valley Noon Rotary Club – ORMV
- Colton Rotary Club – ORCO
- Redlands Noon Rotary Club – ORNO
- Rialto Rotary Club – ORRO
- Yucaipa Rotary Club – ORYU
- San Gorgonio Pass Rotary Club – ORSG
- Highland Rotary Club – ORHI
Be heroes! Be lifesavers! Be blood donors! Let’s WIN for local patients in need!
A few facts about blood donation:
- Donors must be at least 15 years of age (15- and 16-year-olds require signed parental consent; forms are at all blood drive locations); weigh at least 115 pounds, and feel well.
- Donors should maintain their regular meal schedules and increase their fluid intake (water is best) in the 48 hours prior to donating.
- Donors (LifeStream staff, too) are required to wear face coverings, and submit to temperature checks and verbal COVID-19 symptoms checks before accessing donor waiting areas. LifeStream enforces 6’ social distancing guidelines and has enhanced already strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
Can’t give blood? You still can support LifeStream and local patients by making a small contribution to LifeStream’s 2 for 2 Community Campaign. Monies raised from this campaign will help LifeStream replace old bloodmobiles so LifeStream can continue “going to the donor” in full force. For more information, go to LStream.org/newbus. Checks should be made payable to “LifeStream Blood Bank” (note “2 for 2” in the memo section) and forwarded to your treasurer. (Your contribution may be tax deductible under the extended CARES Act provisions. Check with your tax adviser.)