Academy of Giving (AOG) Scholarship Program
2016-2017 School Year
APPLICATIONS FOR THSI SCHOOL YEAR ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
LifeStream’s AOG Scholarship Program recognizes and celebrates these attributes in our high school youth. AOG will award up to 10, $1,000 scholarships to students throughout our service area to help them continue their educations and pursue their dreams.
LifeStream also rewards school participation in campus blood drives. Nine grants of $1,500 will be awarded to schools throughout LifeStream’s service area. Schools can use these funds for programs of their choosing. School selection is based on overall participation in blood drives, including recruitment and blood donation education efforts, and is awarded at the beginning of summer.
The Academy of Giving Scholarship Program is available to all students who attend a high school that supports voluntary blood donation by hosting blood drives with LifeStream within the current school year. Students must be between 14 and 19 years of age by March 31, 2017. To find out if your school is eligible, call 1.800.879.4484 or e-mail us at aog@LStream.org. Scholarships are awarded in late spring.
- Tell your story of blood donation or encourage others to give by creating a creative marketing piece!
- Create a short video
- Film a 30-second commercial
- Social media campaign
- Create a song
- Design a poster
- Recruit 20 people or more to donate blood and tell us how you did it!
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources.
How to Apply
- Download and print the application packet (registration for this school year is now closed)
- Complete all scholarship requirements.
- Mail by March 31, 2017:
c/o Academy of Giving
384 W. Orange Show Rd.
San Bernardino, CA 92408
High School Materials
For additional help or scholarship information, call 1.800.879.4484 or e-mail us at aog@LStream.org.